[Herald Review] 'Different, but in harmony'
简介In a mesmerizing display of cultural harmony and melodic beauty, a haegeum player in traditional Kor ...
In a mesmerizing display of cultural harmony and melodic beauty, a haegeum player in traditional Korean hanbok and an erhu player in a purple gown graced the stage together side by side.
Performing the double concerto for erhu and haegeum titled “Two Strings,” the two string musicians from Taiwan and Korea exchanged eye contact and melodies, creating a harmonious fusion.
The joint performance was held at the National Gugak Center in Seoul, featuring the Contemporary Gugak Orchestra affiliated with the NGC, and the National Chinese Orchestra Taiwan, associated with the National Center for Traditional Arts in Taiwan.
Aptly titled "Hwa Ee Boo Dong -- Harmonization of Korean-Taiwanese Traditional Arts," the concert encapsulated the essence of an ancient saying: “In harmony without forsaking one's identity.”
The Record Label Industry Association of Korea’s petition to revise the ticket scalping law submitte ...
South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised ...
The World Health City Forum, set to take place in Incheon's Songdo Convensia from Monday, is po ...
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- SK hynix wins 2023 R&D 100 Awards
- Hyundai Motor becomes first brand to sell cars on Amazon
- Samsung family pays tribute to late founder
- Korea to showcase advanced climate technologies at COP28 Dubai
- Snow crabs join bargain for crustaceans
S. Korea's Busan making last
Seoul shares end nearly flat amid signs of cooling US inflation
Network error grinds government network to halt, restoration still in progress
SM to launch boy group in the UK
BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
- Blinken to discuss Russia, Middle East, N. Korea during visit to Seoul: State Department
- Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- Embracing setbacks: KAIST students vie for the inaugural 'worst failure' crown
- US Fed keeps key lending rate unchanged for second consecutive time
- 北고려항공, 베이징으로 주 3회 비행…정기 운항 복귀 한 듯
- 통일부 “남북 간 장기간 연락 중단 유감…정상화 촉구”
- Seoul shares shoot up nearly 2% on Fed's back
- 35 foreign individuals to be awarded for promoting Korean culture
- Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- Returning minister Yu In
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- Pyongyang denies allegations of Hamas using North Korean weapons
- SK to hold CEO meeting in Paris
- Japan thanks S. Korea for Israel rescue effort
- S. Korea entering 'recovery phase' amid geopolitical uncertainties: Choo
- [Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean
- S. Korea joins ICRC's major donor group for 1st time
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
- New book sheds light on ongoing debate and legacy of comfort women issues
- HD Korea Shipbuilding to build world's first ammonia
- Foreigners turn net sellers of S. Korean stocks for 15 sessions
- [Obituary] Park Seo
- N. Korea slams Japan's plan to move up US missile purchase as 'arrogant choice'
- Unwind with Korea food, lifestyle docs on Netflix
- Enhypen announces Nov. 17 comeback with 'Orange Blood'
- [이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)
- 北, 러 주최 국제포럼서 '국제수송' 논의…무기거래 우회로 찾나
- 이용, 지도부 때린 서병수·홍문표에 "선당후사·솔선수범 하라"